We are Available to take your call
HESS-VERDON IS THE LEADING ORANGE COUNTY AND LOS ANGELES TRUST & ESTATES, PROBATE LITIGATION LAW FIRM
During these hard times, we know it’s vitally important to save time, money, peace of mind, and receive the highest of top quality counsel!
Hess-Verdon is one of the highest top-quality counsel that cares and fights for your legal needs.
Our managing partners have practiced law for over 30+ years. We have deep court experience, and after 1500+ clients throughout our tenure, you will receive in-depth knowledge in trust & estates, business, and real estate matters.
For a limited time, we are offering a free no-obligation case evaluation. Feel free to call, and our helpful staff will set you up with one of our specialized attorneys.
Our Guarantee: Courteous treatment with respect and professionalism with a commitment to delivering high quality, client-centered focus.
By Phone 1-888-318-4430
Orange County Living Trust Attorneys
Receive Expert Counsel
Living Trust Attorney Near Me
You may want to work with lawyers near you. While convenience is a consideration, the best living trust lawyer near you may be worth a little bit of inconvenience. Keep in mind that you are looking for an attorney who has the experience, has the right personality, and whos fees, services, and qualifications match your needs.
When evaluating an attorney, you will want to review what others have to say about them. See Hess-Verdon Reviews.
Choosing the Right Living Trust Law Firm is Paramount
First off, a living trust (other names: “inter vivos” or “revocable” Trust) is specifically designed to keep you out of probate. Living Trusts safeguard financial privacy and manage assets should the settlor pass away or become incapacitated. The trustee is the manager of the trust. You choose a representative, called a “successor trustee” who administers your estate at your death.
In the last several years, there has been a spike of revocable trusts being contested or disputed in the probate court. (see trust litigation and why there is a spike)
Living Trust Attorneys
HESS-VERDON IS YOUR #1 SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TRUST & ESTATE LAW FIRM
(DEEP BENCH COURT TIME)
Why Choose Us?
What Does a Living Trust Attorney do?
Protect Your Rights!
For over 30+ years, our experience in living trusts allows us to gear up more quickly and handle your case more efficiently. You receive answers to substantive law questions and recommendations.
Our law firm can make a difference in your estate plans!
Before you endeavor to find a trust attorney, completely read our page. It will guide you to writing down your decisions about your Trust and questions you want to ask your Trust lawyer. It will also help you on how to create a trust.
Many people believe to search for “living trust attorney near me” is ok but that may be a downfall. You see, there are dozens of living trust attorneys in Orange County, and they do quite well in their endeavors. But a long lasting estate plan is an entirely different situation, especially if its contested.
What is the difference between a Trust vs. a Will?
While a Trust and a Will are both useful planning devices, there are significant differences between a Trust and a Will, especially in terms of the following:
- Time: Where a Trust can take effect as soon as you create it, a Will, on the other hand, takes place at your death. With a Will, it can take ten months upward to probate and if contested several years.
- Privacy: With a Trust, our wishes kept private. With a Will, all the information is public.
- Cost: Cost can be severe with a Will. Upfront, the price may sometimes be lower than a Trust, but when you die, it can escalate to tens of thousands of dollars to the estate. (see Cost to Probate in California)
As an Orange County Trust Attorney, Hess-Verdon & Associate PLC looks forward to assisting you expeditiously. We are available for your call: 888-318-4430.
What Should I Consider in Achieving Good Counsel?
Choosing the right living trust attorney is very important. Yes, you can try to DIY (do it yourself), but in today’s litigious society, it is inadvisable. If you live in California, it is even more of a reason to do your due diligence to protect your estate instead of leaving it up to chance. Why do people choose a Will over a trust? Mostly due to cost, but the downside is the costs and legal fees after a death are higher with a Will because Wills require the probate courts supervision.
When calling into an estate planning firm, you will want them to know the following:
- Avoid Probate: Let them know you want to avoid probate when you die.
- Years of Experience: Find out how many years he/she has been doing Living Trusts and how many they have prepared.
- Ask who will draft and prepar your Trust document. Nowadays, there are DIY Living Trust platforms, but here at Hess-Verdon, you work one-on-one with our attorneys and paralegals.
- The larger the estate, the more important advanced estate planning may be for you. All properties, assets, etc., must be taken into account; otherwise, it can trigger probate.
- How Many Administered: Ask how many Living Trust the attorney had administered (settled) when the clients died or became incapacitated.
- Ask how long it will take: Important to know the staffing levels to ensure a deep thorough review of your circumstances.
- Checkups: It is imperative to have a checkup once every 3-5 years. If a significant change has occurred to you or your assets, then have one of Hess-Verdon’s trusted attorneys do a review as soon as possible.
- Free consultation: Typically, with an upfront phone interview, you will know exactly where you stand here at Hess-Verdon.
Note: If there is an immediate hardship, please call 888-318-4430.
Note: The California Probate Code provides that probate estates of $150,000 or less do not need to be probated. If the estate consists of assets more than $150,000, a probate is necessary. Therefore, it is important to choose the right living trust lawyer to advise you.
Trustee & Co-Trustee Not Getting Along
NEED A SECOND OPINION?
Hess-Verdon is ready to help you today.
Contesting a Trust in California
California Business Litigation
Get Answers and Guidance
Hess-Verdon & Associates
A PROFESSIONAL LAW CORPORATION
“Absolutely top notch firm for handling all your estate planning matters.”
“Definitely a firm that will “fight to the finish.”
“I have been working with this firm since 1994; you can’t beat a firm like this, that is so ethical and competent.”
Get In Touch
Our Trust Litigation Attorneys Fight to Protect Your Inheritance.
Call 1-888-318-4430 or Contact Us Below
After filling out the form, it will be immediately received by our firm. We will call you very shortly!