Mrs. Verdon founded the firm in 1990, and has successfully advised high net-worth individuals and corporate executives with their estate tax and corporate matters. She is a noted speaker on the subjects of Advanced Estate Planning, Estate Tax Planning, Special Needs Trusts for Disabled Family Members, Charitable Planning and Strategies For Wealthy Families Who Own Businesses.
Whether the matter was planning their estate for their family or dealing with unexpected problems as a business owner her dedication to achieve results for her clients has earned her a reputation of excellence and a track record of success. Mrs. Verdon’s commitment to the highest level of legal expertise and knowledge while providing personal service to her clients has caused the firm to grow into one of Southern California’s leading law firms.
Quick links: Trust Litigation for Orange County, CA.
Professional & Community Associations
Mrs. Verdon has had the pleasure of serving as a member or director of the following organizations:
- Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity,
- Robert A. BanyardInn of Court,
- Orange County Bar Association,
- Beverly Hills Bar Association,
- Trust and Estates Section of the State Bar of California,
- Leadership Tomorrow,
- Orange County Forum,
- Sunwest Bank and UC Irvine’s Chief Executive Roundtable,
- Discovery Science Centers Innovators and Direct Connection To Africa.
- A.S. Business Administration, Long Beach City College
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Law, Western State University College of Law
- Juris Doctorate Degree, Western State University College of Law
- California State Bar – 1990
- Federal District Court – 1990
- United States Supreme Court, which is a rare and distinguished accomplishment among attorneys nationwide. – 1996
Areas of Practice
She manages all aspects of the firm’s Business Law and Estate Planning practice areas, which includes the areas of Wills and Trusts, Advanced Estate Planning, Trust Administration, Trust and Probate Litigation, Special Needs Trusts, Inheritance Tax Planning, Gifting and Charitable Planning and Business Planning.
Publications and Conferences
Mrs. Hess-Verdon has been featured in the California Lawyer magazine and the Orange County Lawyer magazine regarding Trusts and Estate issues.
She has appeared numerous times on:
- ABC NEWS
- NBC NEWS
- CBS NEWS and COURT TV as a legal expert on Trust, Estate and Probate cases she was handling for unique or noteworthy cases.
Her appellate work has resulted in published cases such:
- Patrick v.Alacer (2008) 167 Cal.App.4th 995.
She has taught at the graduate level and has been a noted lecturer for:
- The Los Angeles Daily Journal Bridging the Gap Conference;
- McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Management Association;
- N.A.M.I; SOCEP (Society of Orange County Emergency Physicians) and The Los Angeles Times-UCI 1st Annual Conference on “Estate Planning For the High Net-Worth Family.