Trust Litigation Attorneys Orange County, CA.
Trust Litigation- What You Should Know!
How to Find a Trust Litigation Attorney
and what to consider when choosing your estate litigation attorney.
Watch this Real Life Situation…don’t let this happen to your family!
Your Orange County Trust Litigation Attorneys
Choosing the Right Trust Estate Litigation Lawyer is Paramount
When you are looking for an Orange County Trust Litigation attorney. Hess-Verdon & Associates is one of the most knowledgable and most sophisticated trusts and estate law firm in the state of California at both the trial and appellate levels.
Our trust litigation team has spent years acquiring extensive experience in trial preparation, strategy, and trial presentation to help you with your specific case.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss your needs, our qualifications, staffing approaches, and rate structures with a view toward the successful resolution of Estate, Trust, and probate-related matters.
If someone dies intestate, i.e., without a Will, then learn about the California probate process. Learn more here: Orange County Probate
Have Your Case Reviewed Today
When Considering hiring Hess-Verdon trust litigation attorneys
We work efficiently to help individuals, families, fiduciaries, organization with the following:
- Individuals and families
- Trust Companies
- Charitable entities
- Family Offices
- Corporate Fiduciaries
- Corporate Trustees
- Business Owners
Here at Hess-Verdon, we counsel clients on various aspects of estate disputes. Such as investigating potential claims, evaluating the merits of bringing a claim, filing or defending a claim, and when necessary litigating a claim through trial or settlement.
With our expert team of trust litigators, in many instances, we can settle such proceedings without going to trial after taking into account the merits of the positions advanced by the respective parties and the tax rules applicable.
Schedule an appointment today. Our specialized team is ready to assist you.
What Should You Collect Immediately to determine if you have a litigation case? (Trust Essentials)
When it comes to a living trust, when we meet with clients, we will explore some estate planning fundamentals that will aid you in making the right decision.
We will discuss trust disputes as well and how to avoid them, be it from the beneficiary perspective and trustee (s)’ perspective and the steps for both parties.
So, what role of the estate plan are you representing? Are you the Trustee or Beneficiary?
Let’s go over both roles and the expectations of both and answer some legal questions that may arise.
Do you know: Do you know what causes litigation typically?
Well, family dynamics, outdated provisions in your trust, and poor behavior of the people involved in the trust administration process is usually a catalyst for trust litigation.
Do you know: Hess-Verdon & Associates, PLC “IS” the law firm that people go to for help in resolving all types of trust disputes!
Our knowledgeable and aggressive actions are necessary to ensure the trustor maintains their wishes on how the estate should be administered.
We are the Top Litigation Law Firm in Orange County
We are here to bring Peace of Mind!
Competent, Aggressive Legal Representation, Well Established
Get Smart & Strategic Legal Advice. Your loved ones deserve it!
How to Effectively Handle Your Estate Litigation Disputes
Don’t handle your estate litigation matters on your own. Hess-Verdon can help you through the process.
When you are facing trust litigation, you will need an “experienced” trust litigation attorney in Orange County, CA., that can safeguard your interests.
Trust litigation often involves substantial assets and can get complicated, very fast. Trust litigation cases involve legal disputes over the administration of the trust.
Hess-Verdon & Associates is one of the leading California estate planning law firms involved in litigation regarding wills, trusts, and estates. Estate litigation is one of our primary focuses and accounts for much of our work in court, and our track record in litigation is both extensive and impressive.
Our knowledgeable and aggressive courtroom representation is necessary to ensure family members, executors, trustees, beneficiaries, and others maintain the grantor’s wishes.
Learn more about our trust litigation team.
Trust Litigation Overview FY 2019
We understand the legal and administrative headaches dealing with trust and administration matters. We also know it’s often difficult to find attorneys experienced in trust and estates with proven litigation skills. So let’s go over a few critical facts and best practices to ensure you get experienced legal counsel and avoid legal complications.
Our Trust litigation attorneys have over 29 years of experience in this area and are well versed in helping mitigate loss, ensuring a cost-effective and smooth process.
Need immediate assistance, feel free to call us now at
Moreover, the probate court will look to certify the executor designated in the decedent’s estate plan or may appoint another 3rd party administrator under certain circumstances.
Need a Second Opinion?
There are times when you need a second opinion from another attorney. We can confidentially evaluate what the problems and solutions are for your case. And tell you the truth about what the source is of your delays, questions, or increased expense if you are currently in litigation.
- Why is this taking so long?
- Is it your lawyer?
- Do you wish your attorney was more like your opposing counsel?
- Why is this costing so much?
- When will this be over?
- When should you settle and for how much?
If you have questions that your attorney is not answering, or the litigation has taken unexpected twists and turns, you should seek a second opinion. Call Today.
To discuss your situation, to meet with us or to get your questions answered.
Servicing Southern California Trust Litigation Clients
Trust Litigation Attorney Near Me
Many people believe to search for “trust litigation attorney near me” is ok but that may be a downfall. You see, there are dozens of estate planning attorneys in Orange County, and they do quite well in their endeavors. But trust litigation is an entirely different situation, especially when contesting the will.
What are some common trust disputes:
A Person may Bring a Cause of Action for the Following Reasons:
- Trust Contests
- Disputes involving interpretation of sophisticated estate plans
- Disputes in Probate Court
- Discussions regarding Trust Administration
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty Claims and Ethical Concerns
- Undue Influence and Elder Financial Abuse Claims
- Business and Asset Valuation Disputes
- Contested Conservatorships
- Professional negligence and breach of duty defense for fiduciaries;
- Petitions to include omitted assets into the trust (Heggstad Petitions);
- Probate Code § 11700 proceedings to determine inheritance rights;
- Property and entitlement disputes;
- Recovery of lost, excluded, and disputed property (Probate Code § 850).
- Trust Accounting disputes
- Kinship proceedings
- Surviving spouse’s right of election
- Fiduciary litigation and removal proceedings
Get a Second Opinion Today!
From day 1 we will work diligently and provide experienced legal counsel. Simply fill out the form below, and our litigation team will call you to discuss. Thank you.
Learn more about finding the right litigation counsel
Now, not all Orange County Trust Litigation Lawyers are equal, as you most likely know. So do your due diligence and ask the right questions regarding the probate attorney’s expertise.
Are you a Trustee in Need of Counsel?
If you are a trustee, and the beneficiaries are challenging specific terms of the trust, contact Hess-Verdon to seek clarification regarding potential ambiguities in a trust. As a result, heirs can allege wrongdoing on the part of the trustee for various reasons such as mismanagement of trust assets, failure to account, etc..
Such lawsuits may seek the following:
- Rescind the will or trust
- Trust Reformation or modification
- Actions to remove trustees;
- Failure to make proper or timely distributions
- Failure to make appropriate or timely accounting
- Failure to administer the trust in the manner of the trust document.
- Recover assets from the trustee for alleged wrongdoing.
- Excessive trustee compensation
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Undue influence
- Elder Abuse
Should you find yourself in need of counsel, Hess-Verdon & Associates are well versed in all aspects of the trust administration process.
Call today at 949-706-7300.
With that said, there are more, but it’s best to speak to an Orange County Trust Litigation Attorney who can guide you through this complex trust litigation process.
Trust Lawyer – Orange County –
As a trust litigation law firm, Hess-Verdon & Associates has helped many families throughout California through the trust administration and litigation process.
Get a Second Opinion Today!
Are you a Beneficiary in Need of Counsel?
When you are a beneficiary, and you are concerned that the estate is compromised, he or she has the right to take legal action.
Disputes involving trusts include the following:
- Claims of breach of fiduciary duty
- Fails to make proper distributions: Under probate code 16000, a trustee has the fiduciary duty to administer the trust according to the trust instrument. Sometimes, a trustee is given “absolute” discretion over trust distributions. Even so, they must still work within their “Fiduciary principles,” i.e., be fair.
- Fails to administer the trust according to the trust document.
- The trustee “self deals” by using trust assets.
- The trustee pays him or herself exorbitant compensation for serving as a trustee.
- Failure to inform and report to beneficiaries
- Fails to make a timely accounting
- Violation of prudent investor acts and trustee removal actions.
- Fails to invest trust assets properly
What are some initial steps we would recommend before contesting the trust?
- Get a copy of the trust agreement. Make sure you review all pages and amendments. It should clearly state the responsibilities of the trustee, how disbursements are to conducted, documents that should be maintained, etc.
- Verify you have not waived your right to request a report. If so, you may be able to revoke the waiver.
- Contact an expert trust litigation attorney. Hess-Verdon offers a second opinion, generally at no cost to clients.
Should you find yourself in need of counsel, Hess-Verdon & Associates are well versed in all aspects from the Beneficiary standpoint.
Call today at 949-706-7300.
You found the right team. See our Successful Reviews!
Hess-Verdon & Associates will guide you through the trust litigation process!
Hess-Verdon & Associates, PLC
A Professional Law Corporation
Fee Arragements Include:
- Hourly fees, regular rates, structured rates, and custom rates to meet your particular needs.
- Contingent Fees if the merits and nature of your case warrant.
- Part hourly/part contingent fees.
- Enforce provisions to make your opponent pay your fees.
- Fixed Fees.
- Cooperate with corporate legal department policies.
- There is generally no charge to a new client for an initial one-hour consultation.
- Second opinions on the handling of your case can be rendered on favorable terms, in some cases, at no charge.
We work with you to keep your fees to a minimum by designing a strategy that gets the maximum result. We work diligently to promote a favorable settlement with the least expenditure of time.
We have successfully represented a large variety of clients. The successful outcome of any given case, which is always dependent upon its specific facts, can never be guaranteed.
In some matters, when we negotiate some or all of the attorney fees on a contingency basis, the client may be held responsible for advanced costs.
Some of the advanced costs (including, but not limited to)
- Deposition fees, filing fees, witness fees, etc. when there is no recovery.