Brice K. Nakamura
Mr. Nakamura brings a wealth of Civil litigation, Taxation, and Real Estate law experience to Hess-Verdon & Associates.
During his pursuit of his Juris Doctor degree, Mr. Nakamura was privileged to represent the Internal Revenue Service before the Federal Tax Court in San Francisco, California, where he earned an honors distinction. Mr. Nakamura later honed his analytical skills by obtaining an advanced legal degree in Taxation.
Prior to coming to Hess-Verdon & Associates, Mr. Nakamura represented large banks and financial institutions throughout all four of the Federal District Courts in California.
Mr. Nakamura now brings his analytical mind and courtroom skills to our firm. His experience as a litigator and Real Estate attorney has included diverse legal areas such as Estate and Trust disputes, Business and Real Estate Law, Complex Civil litigation, Real Estate disputes and myriad additional Civil & Commercial matters.
Mr. Nakamura has had the opportunity to represent a broad spectrum of individuals in highly complex litigation and representational matters, and has achieved great success on behalf of his clients in State and Federal Courts. In addition to obtaining beneficial results through trial, Mr. Nakamura has worked to negotiate favorable settlements, and has assisted corporate and individual clients in the structure and completion of numerous transactions; utilizing efficient and often creative approaches to achieve his clients’ needs and objectives.
Trust Litigation and Administration
As a Trust & Estate attorney with the firm, Mr. Nakamura is handling complicated disputes and Trust administration matters involving trusts ranging from $10MM to more than $100MM; most of which also include family-owned businesses and business interests, commercial and residential real estate holdings, and complex investment portfolios, as well as other non-cash assets. In this regard, he has effectively prosecuted and defended cases in the following areas, among others:
- Removal and Surcharge of Trustees
- Defense of Trustee against Removal and Surcharge claims
- Validation of Trust and Trust-related documents
- Acquisition, Preservation of Distribution of Trust Assets
- Accounting and General Trust Administration
- Elder Abuse and related misconduct
- Modification and Termination of Trusts
- Third Party Actions by and/or against Trustees
- Determination of Beneficiaries
- Breach of Fiduciary Duties/Breach of Trust
Education | Admissions
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- Chapman University, Dale E. Fowler School of Law
- LL.M Taxation
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Hawaii Pacific University
Memberships and Associations:
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association